AAP-CA leadership has identified the following priority advocacy issues for 2014. (Not ranked):
- Reduce child poverty in CA
- Support continuation of California Children’s Services Program (CCS) as a separate entity, while identifying needed program improvements.
- Ensure Affordable Care Act implementation in CA is consistent with quality care and access for children.
- Prevent gun violence—intentional and unintentional— against CA’s children and youth.
- Support implementation of AB 2109 (Pan)—legislation to increase parent knowledge regarding mandated school-entry vaccines and improve the Personal Belief Exemption process.
- Ensure that education about vaccines in school curricula is science-based and accurate.
Read More AAP-CA policies here:
List of current Bills